December 5, 2008

Beautiful Music

We spent the last evening in our middle school gymnasium listening to the musical goodness of all the children in our school system orchestra, from elementary through high school. They were simply amazing and way, way better than we had anticipated. Thanks to all the wonderful people in the world who love children so much that they will spend their lives teaching them how to make beautiful music. Because it must be really, really hard sometimes.



Here's our girl getting ready to leave for the concert with her viola.




And here she is in the thick of it. The beginning orchestra students got a little miracle when, unbeknown to them, their teacher arranged for the high school strings to accompany them on their songs. It was a delight to watch their little eyes light up when they realized that they were making beautiful music. They all sat up a little straighter and prouder. So sweet.

I am home alone today, all day. Ben is at a friend's, Claire at school, and Mark at work. I'm puttering and listening to music fairly loudly, got a fire going and I'm ready to print pictures and work on my December Daily album. I am feeling such a sense of gratitude for each additional day I get to spend without many symptoms. I feel they may be numbered. But my mom is here tomorrow, WOO HOO, and hopefully I can hold out to go cut a Christmas tree on Sunday.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend Shawna. Have a great day girl.

No comments: