April 23, 2009

Insert Title Here

Sometimes I put off posting my blog for lack of a title. It's true; I can be that much of a perfectionist. I go about my daily life just like everyone else. It's rarely filled with exciting happenings. I don't always have a story to share. It is however, filled with small and significant details that don't necessarily connect to one another but still need to be remembered.



Ben and Camille enjoying a very rare and quiet moment together, watching television on top of a wooden train at the shoe store.



My delight when I walked into my room and discovered that Claire had surprised me by artistically arranging the clothespins on the drying rack in rainbow order.

It may be old news to some of you, but for insurance that we will indeed return to America, Ben has decided not to cut his hair until we reach the homeland. It's fine with me, I really don't care how he chooses to wear his hair, but to make him feel like he has the power I occasionally argue with him to get a trim and then let him win.

Last week Julia and Camille came over to play and all four kids were peacefully working play-doh at the table. Claire asked Ben if he could please make an exploding sound, and he proudly accepted. Julia and Camille both commended him on how well he sounded.
"Boys have special skills that girls don't" was his reply.



Since our arrival in Germany, I have been collecting pieces of ephemera from our forays into Europe. I recently used them to cover a binder that will hold my scrapbook pages from our time here. I did break down (or get smart!) and buy a paper trimmer, and with snapfish.de for my photo developing, I am in business. Just words and photos on cardstock with a little ink and paint to tell our stories. I have enjoyed the challenge of working with minimal supplies and have been pleased with the simple results, but I won't lie. I'm itchin' to get back in my craft room.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

You don't have a craft room anymore!!! I decided I needed a place to work so I took yours over!!!