January 28, 2010

Next Chapter, Check

As witnessed by my photo yesterday, we're "in" our new house. Moving has been a very long process; we have accumulated a lot of stuff during the past 18 years on the farm. We are well-equipped for any adventure in any season, but this does not come as a surprise to those of you who know my guy. Anyway, everything has gone fairly smoothly (if you overlook me walking into the laundry room last Saturday to find that the pressure release valve on the water heater failed and was pouring gallons of hot water onto the floor and me frantically calling Mark in Portland to help me get the water shut off "smooth") and we're all happily exhausted. Tomorrow the moving company will get the piano here and Mark will spend a well-deserved day fishing on the Clearwater, then we'll spend the weekend completely finishing up.

In the midst of all this moving, I started a new job working very part-time in the greenhouses on campus. It's the perfect job for a constantly cold, thyroid-less gal like me. I sit in the glowing warmth (a balmy 80F in the head house) breathing mint and basil, washing pots or harvesting seeds while listening to the radio. Pretty painless re-entry into the workforce really.

Next chapter, check.

I'm looking forward to next week, being finished with the physicality of moving and the start of a new month in our new house. I've got a lot of "sorting out" and "adjusting" still to do, but I'm going to make some time to start using my camera and adhesive again, that is if I can find them.

No comments: