May 25, 2007

All About Mother's Day



I traveled to Denver over mother's day weekend to meet up with my family for my brother Zach's graduation. I made this magnetic board for my mom; it was one of the projects for a year-long on-line class with Heidi Swapp for Big Picture Scrapbooking. I love how it turned out. It was really nice to give it to my mom in person for a change. My family lives in Houston so I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. I went all alone on this trip which was weird and exhilarating at the same time. Even though everyone missed seeing the kids, I got to read my book on the plane and sit for hours with my family when we went out for dinner.

Then, when I got home, there was a cooler full of crawfish waiting on the porch for me. Mark took the kids camping while I was gone and caught a bunch of mud bugs for me. I love to eat them! We invited our friends and neighbors the Johnson's over for a little boil. They had never tried crawfish before but they were willing and we had a nice little feast of crawfish tails and french bread and a little gumbo I made. The kids wouldn't touch them. The last time we caught a bunch of crawfish two of them ended up in our fishtank as pets. Every time I walked by I would think how tasty those big tails would be dipped in a little cocktail sauce, but that's a big parental no-no. You cannot eat your children's pets.



No comments: