December 20, 2007

December 20, 1986

21 years ago today, at 2:00 in the afternoon, we said our "I Do's" in the company of our family and friends. We were young students, on break from college; some dear souls thought I might be pregnant because it was such a quick decision. But that wasn't the case. We just wanted to be together and we had a little time between semesters, and there was that break in car insurance thing too!
Here we are, 21 years later, and I would choose him again. It hasn't always been easy, in fact sometimes it's really hard. We've been out of money, out of patience, out of work, and out of sync. But we've always been in love. He is my partner and best friend and has helped me create the most amazing and beautiful children. I couldn't be where I am today, physically or in my head, without his help all of these years. Something to truly celebrate.
We're going out tonight. We hardly ever do that, but my friend Erin and her family have offered us a night on the town. We're going to sit at the Thai restaurant and catch up, and I'm going to tell him how much I love him and how happy I am to have him in my life. Because I am.

2 comments:

Mark said...

We are glad to do it! I hope you guys have fun tonight. Congrats on your 30 minute Thursday win! Love, Erin.

Wendy said...

That is absolutely the sweetest thing EVER...sigh :)