December 7, 2007

I'm Dreaming...

of our new bathroom. It's been well over a month since we destroyed our downstairs bathroom for a remodel. I had absolutely no appreciation of what it feels like to live in a home with four people and one bathroom, especially since the toilet in that useable bathroom sits right in front of the door and little kids keep walking by while you're doing your business. But our tile is finally here and I assume we'll be putting it up this weekend along with getting our Christmas tree, making candy, and finishing making and wrapping presents to ship by Tuesday. I often think of my life as a river; meandering along for a while until I start to hear the rumbling of some rapids ahead. Then we're setting up for the rapids and running the rapids, and then before I know it, we're eddying-out again. Little periods of intense activity and then calmness again.
Here's my two silly munchkins after they serenaded us with their own little version of Jingle Bells. I wish I could share all of the lovely things I'm working on, but alas my family reads this blog and it would spoil their surprises. Needless to say I've been drinking a lot of coffee and staying up later than is usual for me, but feeling and loving that creative bug.

No comments: