July 7, 2008

My Birthday Boy

My baby turned six yesterday. Any parent will understand when I say I just can't believe he's six already. The time flies and it seems that such a very short time ago we were laughing because after taking his very first breath he proceeded to pee on the delivery nurse! And he continues to like a good joke. He is such a sweet and gentle boy, and oh so very smart. I think I'll keep him!

Papa Ray and Grammie gave him some practical joke props, and he really enjoyed the snake that pops out of the can of peanuts.

Of course a birthday for Ben would not be complete without a new transformer. He plays with other things too, but he seems to have a special affinity for these robots and returns to them again and again.

Ben did not want a birthday cake, but instead requested a pan of brownies for his celebration. No one in our family objected; in fact we really liked that idea. With vanilla ice cream.

No comments: