October 9, 2009

The Best Way to Have Horses...

... is to have horses who belong to someone else.


This is Snowball. He and two of his buddies, Royal and Count, are spending some time in our lower pasture, eating down the grass and being cute.


How would you like to be this ten-year-old? She loves these horses. And she's a natural. She helped brush and saddle Royal and was very easy around him.


This one is a little more timid, but also in love. He's trying so hard to take the riding seriously, but he wants to burst out and laugh.


I did get upon the horse and Mark gallantly lead us around the pasture, but I'm definitely the most timid of all. I'm getting used to them, feeding them apples out of my hand and scratching their noses, but I wouldn't call it easy.

You never know what new things you might have to learn in a day.

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

The horse are beautiful!

Karen Tews Lien said...

What beautiful horses and photos! I miss having horses, grew up with them as a kid.

CallieBallie said...

-really really jealous-