November 23, 2009

Hello Monday

It was such a pleasure to sleep in this Monday morning. The kids are out of school for the week and Mark is on vacation, so there was no alarm clock to interrupt our sleep this morning, although I did lose a little bit of sleep from the squiggly boy who made his way into my bed for a snuggle in the wee hours of the morning. My father-in-law and nephew are visiting for a few days of hunting, so there might be some rooster pheasants in my freezer before long.

We're making our way to the Tri-Cities to meet up with the Jones clan for Turkey Day. I haven't seen most of them since Mt. Rainier in 2008, so I'm really looking forward to catching up and devouring one of Mark's delicious smoked turkeys. Our dinner will be gluten/dairy-free, which concerns me a little, but I'm keeping an open mind!!

I am almost finished with my December Daily album and will certainly be ready to begin recording come December 1. I made it completely from scratch, even trying my hand at book-binding the cover, and I am so pleased with the results. Just a few more details and I'll be ready to share.

And Ben ran in his school's annual Turkey Trot, receiving, along with everyone else, the coveted popsicle stick at the finish line. So important, that popsicle stick, but I totally get it.


1 comment:

NancyS said...

Just a little note to encourage you about dinner. I am making my 45 year old recipe of regular flour rolls, at Kevin's request, for those who are not gluten free.