January 10, 2011

Art Journaling


My one little word for 2011: courage.


This page is based on a challenge to use circles.

I'm finding a groove with the art journal, experimenting with different mediums and playing with supplies I already have. Some of my pages are cut from a watercolor tablet, and others are made from stacked and glued pieces of newspaper that have been lightly coated with gesso. I won't bind them until I feel there are enough to make a nice book; I like to have the pages loose when I'm working on them.

So, to make room for art journaling, I am using Project Life this year.


I love this idea. I like the ease of recording the daily/weekly/monthly details in a handy space.
I want to find a music stand to display it in my craft room.
I'm still going to create layouts, just less quantity and more quality.

I used to bite my nails pretty badly when I was younger.
This picture reminds me of someone who spent some time hiding her hands.
Muscle memory.

1 comment:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Love you art journal pages.