July 5, 2007

Sparklin' and Scrappin'

Our 4th of July was pretty laid back and after working in the garden in the a.m. there was a little napping and scrapbooking going on. Our satellite tv connectin made a mysterious appearance, much to the delight of the kids, whom I guess badly needed a fix of commercials because they spent quite a bit of time watching them. The ads made my head hurt, but I guess it was all okay because it is so flippin' hot here and if we, as parents, want to partake of the aforementioned pleasures, we've got to give somewhere, right? (Plus, I'm planning on watching scrapbooking on DIY this afternoon!)

We enjoyed a bit of sparkler action on our porch Tuesday night, and Mark even shared a few goodies from his firework stash with us. We headed into Pullman with trepidation last night to watch the firework show; in years past there has been a lot of crying and covering of the ears going on. But the kids loved it and I must say our little town puts on quite a display. I spent some time reflecting on being an American and I realize that as much as I complain about our politics and ethics and inequalities, the fact that I CAN complain is the great part of living in this country.

Claire is dancing in the yard trailing sparkles.


They were so excited to witness the magic of fireworks.


This is a layout I did about my grandmother with some of my supplies from the JBS kit. My nana turned 85 this year and I've been thinking about her a lot.



This is our extended family on Mark's side at the beach in Oregon on New Year's Eve. You've probably noticed that I do not scrapbook chronologically, and I probably never will. I try to keep on top of the important holidays and birthdays, but I pretty much scrap whatever strikes my fancy.


My friend Erin helped me with this layout and I love how it turned out. Thanks Erin!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Kristi,
Your layouts turned out beautifully! I am so glad you had a fantastic fourth. See you soon, and happy scrappin'!
Erin.