June 3, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Heading to Spokane in 45 minutes to catch my flight south. I'm not a very good traveler; the long lines and the waiting, the fear of falling out of the sky. I am, however, looking forward to some serious warmth, Texas style, hanging out with my mom and dad and sister and brother, seafood and barbeque, and some much-needed creative time at CKU. I'll be meeting Ali Edwards, Tim Holtz, Lisa Bearnson, and a host of other talented and amazing people and I'm almost giddy with the possibilities. Can't wait to show you what I created when I get home.



Claire had a wonderful 9th birthday party last weekend. The sun shone all day and the squeals of happy girls was a welcome sound around our yard. They made a fort, ate junk food, traversed the rope bridge, slid down the zipline, played with the animals, rode to the mailbox in the back of the pickup, and ran amok until they were exhausted from all the joy. Ray and Marilyn made it up for part of the day and we all had a very nice visit before the party.

So long until next week. Maybe I'll suck a crawfish head for ya'll!

No comments: