June 12, 2008

A Small Sampling

On the first day of CKU, each student was assigned to a homeroom where she stayed all day while different instructors rotated through with a 30 minute project. Each project was a 6x6 double spread layout. At the end of the day, all of the layouts were compiled to make a complete album about our experiences at CKU. The amazing part was that each project reflected the instructor's personal style to a tee. Here are a few of my favorites.

Little Yellow Bicycle. This is a company I fell in love with at first sight and will be watching in days to come as they release their new products. Their instructors were fantastic and I also won an incredible goodie bag from them.

Tim Holtz. This page screams his name. Our grunge guy; lots of inks and stamps and paint and distressing. Love it.

Ali Edwards. The tags are sitting in tiny transparent photo sleeves that are stapled to the page and can be lifted to allow for hidden journaling. Ali is all about the words.

The sun is shining today after our freak snowstorm of two days ago. I am thankful for the warm forecast because tomorrow night is the campout for my brownie troop, right here in my yard. We'll be having a bonfire and singing and making s'mores, which would really suck in the rain.

Had lunch with my good friend Jill yesterday for some much-needed catching up. It's amazing how the hours always fly by when I'm deep in conversation with her. She's really one who can see into my soul.

Mark had a stress test yesterday as part of a baseline physical and found out that he has a heart defect that was probably the cause of the uncles on his grandmother's side dying so young of heart problems. He's in great shape however; the doctor said it was so nice to have a patient in such good physical health and all of his panels look great. We've reached that time in our lives where we have to really start monitoring our health and it's making me feel fairly old, but probably not as old as I'll feel another 20 years from now!

No comments: