August 22, 2008

Mom's Night Off

Wednesday night, completely out of the blue, Claire decided she was going to make dinner for us.

She put on an apron and made a menu, which included a choice of banana smoothie, root beer or water to drink, saltine crackers with salsa for appetizers, and fruit salad and leftover meatloaf for the main course.

She went out to the garden to pick fresh flowers and set this beautiful table, rolling our silverware up in a paper towel and taping it closed. Her final touch was sprinkling foam butterflies and dragonflies randomly across the table top.

There's no doubt that she's growing up and I absolutely encourage her culinary interests. Just wish the cleaning up of the creative masterpieces sparked her as much as the making of them!

1 comment:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Wow, can I borrow her some night? I need a night off. I promise to have her home by her bed time.

I am excited to see you Sunday!!