December 20, 2008

A Heartfelt I Love You



Today I have been married to this guy for 22 years, the kind of guy that would sit in a vinyl chair at the hospital for 2 days working sudoku puzzles just so I didn't have to be alone. Happy Anniversary Babe. I love you. And as soon as my mouth is no longer radioactive, I will be expecting the biggest smooch of the century.

It was quite the snowy adventure but we made it to Spokane and back home yesterday. We have many inches of snow here, but they have many FEET. It was impressive to say the least. My scan went well; I have a hot spot where my thyroid used to be and two small spots in my sinuses. When I go in for the next RAI scan in six months, they will be able to determine if those hot spots were wiped out by this round of radiation. I began my second hormone pill this morning and am expecting to feel fabulous any time now!

We're laying low and waiting for our next storm to begin later tonight. We are predicted another 3 to 7 inches of snow with 20 mph wind gusts tomorrow. Claire and Mark are in town getting gas for the snow blower and picking up Emily so she can be snowed in with us for a couple of days. It is so beautifully bright out today; the sun is shining in clear blue skies, but I can't even share a picture for fear of searing your eyeballs. Suffice it to say, it's a proverbial winter wonderland and we'll definitely be enjoying a white Christmas.

1 comment:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Glad to hear you made it to and from Spokane ok! Happy Holidays to you and your family.