December 13, 2008

Hello From the Hot Zone

I am still quite radioactive, but dropping quickly, and the family is having a good time tracking my progress with the geiger counter. My pillow, my toothbrush, and my coffee mug are singing the most, well in addition to MY WHOLE BODY! Unfortunately, I don't feel very well today. Woke up and took my first dose of hormone replacement, had a nice breakfast and then spent a little time worshipping that old porcelain god. I am tired and cold and have been nursing a swell headache for days on end, but at least my food choices have been returned to me and I am savoring my mom's yummy gumbo. The weather here is frightful and beautiful, pretty near a foot of snow on the ground and the wind is blowing hard. So very excited to wake up tomorrow and see how our landscape has been transformed. I am isolated in my studio, so I'm working on Christmas presents (they'll have a little extra brightness this year lol!) and watching DVD's on the old laptop. I'll be posting pictures soon, but I need to wait until I'm a little less toxic to touch the camera. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

3 comments:

Malinda said...

Oh my gosh Kristi, sounds like you are having so much fun. They really gave you a way of counting how much radiation you are giving off at home? So what do you have to do to your house when you are no longer radio active? I am glad that you have your Mom and Husband there to take good care of you. I hope that things get better for you soon. It sucks to be sick.

Karen Tews Lien said...

So glad you are home and on the way to recovering!

CallieBallie said...

Sweet Jesus you said LOL
o.o (<-- smiley)