January 14, 2009

Auf Wiedersehen

Passports are in the backpack, DS is charged and ready, Panda is sitting by the door, the animals are fed, the floors are swept, and the alarm is set for 5:14 a.m. We're making it out with seven smallish pieces of luggage and one backpack each. We have confirmation that someone really is meeting us at the airport in Frankfurt to drive us to Jena and that we do indeed have an apartment which will be available when we arrive. Whew! I think we're ready. If all goes well, we'll arrive at our final destination around 8:00 p.m. Friday evening, 11:00 a.m. here on the west coast. Even though I won't be scrapbooking per se (it's true that I am taking nary a one scrappin' tool), I will be spending plenty of time observing and documenting our journey through words and photos that I hope to share with our family and friends here on the blog. Stay tuned and see ya 'round harvest time!

2 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Can't wait to see all of your adventures and photos on your blog.

Shawna said...

Hope your journey over was excellent...I am anxiously awaiting an update!