January 11, 2009

Subaru jumping aka bored country folk in winter

By Mark (of course!)


I think the world would be a happier place if everyone had a beater old Subaru. I mean really, check your ego at the door and just enjoy the ride.

This all started one day when I was heading to the IBC greenhouse and noticed a nice pile the plow had left behind. The snow was light enough that I thought it would be a hoot to blast through it. Well after I went through it, I said out loud,, I think I jumped. Sure enough paced off it was seven size nine boots between the time the wheels left the ground until they came back down all in a really fun smooth ride. I went back and got a picture for a memento, but was always kinda bummed that I didn't get to see it in the air. The black thing in the picture is my glove,, gotta have a scaler in pics like this.



Then as the snow receded there was a nice drift/plowed pile that looked like it might work for a repeat. The first time I didn't let the old girl warm up enough and I couldn't get the speed I needed; though all four wheels were confirmed off the ground at the same time I stuck it pretty hard and had to use the recovery vehicle to get it back out. There are vids of that too, as well as ripping one of the tie down loops off the car. This movie is actually the third jump! Tee Hee Hee!



1 comment:

Shawna said...

That was totally bad ass! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Don't forget you owe Kristi some shoes!!!