January 21, 2009

Patience, Bitte.

We still have no internet at home and German bureaucracy is taking it's toll, but stay tuned, we will get up to speed soon.

Our apartment is a lovely "loft with charm" and has a nice view of Central Jena and the Saale river valley. We have been walking a ton, the family takes German lessons every morning. Ben and Claire have been having a great time playing with the kids of our local friends. Kristi is trying out the bus and tram today and we are planning a train ride this weekend to Efurt, a nearby burg that is supposed to have a nice medieval town center.

The institute is amazing, people have been wonderful, and the bread is very good.

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Thanks for the update...I have been anxiously watching for it! Hopefully you guys will have internet soon so she can post some pictures!

Judy said...

So glad you arrived safe and sound!! I look forward to following your blog during this great adventure-it's going to be wonderful for you all!!

David said...

Hello all! I am glad you made it to Germany and I miss you tons. It has been a trying few months but I am getting through it all and looking at our pictures and thinking of the time we spent together helps more than you know.

I hope to see you again and if i get to Germany I will certainly look you up.

Tell the kids HI for me and please send pictures.

David

Shawna said...

Oh yeah...Sagwa tried to eat Wendy!!! You should read her blog post about it!!!

Karen Tews Lien said...

So glad you are all there and getting settled in to your new home. Can't wait to see pictures.

AngMomof3 said...

Eat some carbs for me too. Thanks.