December 15, 2010

Winter Concert


Despite the call I received to fetch Claire from school yesterday morning because she wasn't feeling well, she made it to her Winter Concert last night.


Who would have thought that sixth-graders could make such beautiful sounds?
Many of these kids had never played an instrument until this year.
I think their band instructor is a miracle worker.
I wonder if I sounded as lovely on my trumpet in sixth grade.


Here's our flutist sitting next to her BFF Emily.
I am so proud of her for working so hard.

Unfortunately, her illness was not the migraine we first suspected.
She returned home and crashed last night and is still in bed this morning.

The principal said they may be able to stream the concert live next year.
How cool would that be?

3 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

I have heard great things about the middle school band director. Can't wait for our chance at it!

NancyS said...

Glad she was able to make it. Sorry she is still not feeling well.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous picture of Claire! Hope she's feeling better soon.