July 17, 2009

Hey It's Good To Be Back Home Again

It's amazing to me that you can wake up in the morning in a hotel in Frankfurt and make it home to your own bed half-way around the world that night. When we left the Palouse it was all snow and darkness; now the wheat is ripening and summer is full-on. I missed a whole season here and although I realize very well that life went on without me, I half-heartedly expected everything to be the same. It's a very surreal experience to walk back into your life and pick up where you left off, like just yesterday you weren't having another life in another country.

All in all we're settling in just fine. The kids have touched every toy they have and are both deeply engrossed in playdates this afternoon with their respective friends. Mark made it back to work today and I've been spending time getting reaquainted with my home. Not only did I have to unpack from Europe, but I also had to unpack everyone's summer clothes that were still in storage because of the aforementioned snow. I'm taking it nice and slow and giving myself until Monday before I have to do anything that requires brain power. And I hope to share some photos and stories of our last road trip in Bavaria and the Rhine Valley real soon.

A big shout out to my brother Zach and his wife Laura, who are at the hospital right now giving birth to their first child. We're waiting to welcome our newest nephew into the world. Good luck guys!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Welcome home...Aidan had a great time! Now it's your turn for a play date!