July 2, 2009

Today

Outside my window... thunderclouds are gathering.
I am thinking... I'll go to the bead store this afternoon.
I am thankful for... compassion.
From the kitchen... the smells of simmering chicken for tonight's dinner.
I am wearing... a peasant skirt and a white t-shirt, no shoes.
I am creating... the last pages of my scrapbooks of our trip here.
I am going... to meet Mark and Claire at the train station soon.
I am reading... The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich.
I am hoping... for rain to cool down the air.
I am hearing... the sounds of Transformers battling with Pokemon.
Around the house... little piles of things are gathered to be packed.
One of my favorite things... good German bread.
A few plans for the rest of the week... a 4th of July party on Saturday, American style, and a little boy's 7th birthday party, complete with vanilla cake and blue frosting.

No comments: