September 28, 2009

Have You "Scene" It

Because if you haven't, hurry up, it'll be gone soon.
That's right, my favorite paper company, Scenic Route, is calling it quits.
My friend Shawna tried to tell me it was coming, but I refused to believe it until I received an email from the company this weekend confirming the rumor.
In commemoration, I hurried to make this layout with some of the old Metropolis line I had laying around.
I lifted it straight off the cover of the October issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine because I loved the title across the upside down tags.



This company's paper was my "turn to product" when I was scrapbooking.
I'm sad that they're folding, and I'm even more sad that this seems to be the recent pattern in our industry as so many scrapbookers go digital.
I don't want to go digital.
My computer skills are minimal at best and I'm a very tactile person.
I need real paper to help me create.

I guess the job of my favorite paper is open until filled.

2 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

What a bummer deal!?! I hate to see more things lost from the industry. Guess I need to further embrace (and return to) more of the digiscrapping I do...

Shawna said...

Love the layout...hate that they are closing....if you need to stock up they are having a HUGE sale on their website!