September 5, 2009

Life Is Good


Did I tell you we bought a cuckoo clock while we were in Bavaria, the home of the cuckoo clock industry and Black Forest Cake, which wasn't worth all the hoopla if you ask me?
Each hour a gong rings and a little bird comes out and chirps the time to us.
It is a mechanical clock, handmade by a Black Forest artisan, no batteries required.
Whenever it chimes, we pause to listen and smile.
It's a good memory of Germany.


My first batch of pretty darn good gluten-free pumpkin muffins.
I'm slowly studying a new cookbook on baking this way.
Once I got past the fact that it will never taste like it was baked with wheat,
I gave them an 8.
They were very pretty.


I recently joined the Design Team for Paper Pals, my local scrapbook store.
This is a tiny peek at one of my layouts using the fab new Earth Love Line from Cosmo Cricket.
Go on over and check out our blog here.
I know you'll be inspired.
There are some truly talented gals on this team.

Mark is out working on the pasture fence, pre-functioning for Labor Day.
Earlier this week we had a fishing date in the middle of the day
while our kids were at school.
While we were out on the river, he said
"I'm the luckiest man on earth."
Wow.
It appears that I might be the luckiest woman on earth.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Nit-Picking,, aka fact check: Triberg is in the state of Baden-Württemberg, not Bavaria. Doesn't make the clock any less cool!