February 19, 2008

Art and Teeth

I just completed this project that Ali posted on her blog a couple of weeks ago. I chose a 5x7 frame size, making the butterfly image 4x6. I planned on changing it out every once in a while, but this morning Mark said no, if I wanted other images I should make a new project because he wants to keep the butterflies!

I completed this layout for the Overlooked Challenge about collections. I'm loving her site and this challenge because it is prompting me to record the little, seemingly insignificant things about me and my life.

And I created this binder to house the layouts for Overlooked. I shopped around and couldn't find anything I liked that didn't cost a fortune, so I picked up an old binder at the thrift store for 49 cents, gave it a coat of paint, and then covered it with favorite papers from Scenic Route. I'm pleased with the results.
In other news, the kids and I ventured to the dentist yesterday. Claire's teeth were perfect, I need a crown and two fillings replaced, and poor little Ben has 4 cavities that have to be filled because they are in the molars. Mark and I were really shocked because he is such a good brusher. I spent a lot of time talking to him about what's going to happen and showing him my fillings. I told him it would look and sound like it was going to hurt, but wouldn't, and we decided ear plugs would be a good option. A better option would be a money fairy, because all that work will cost us a pretty penny, even with dental insurance. Oh well, they're the only teeth we get!
Went to a Stampin' Up party last night hosted by my friend Erin. It has been years since I've been to one and it was a lot of fun. They are coming out with some great new products and my wish list grew very long. I'm not a big stamper, but I think I could be!

No comments: