February 5, 2008

oh normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are

  • the kids have returned to school and the husband to work
  • the roads are plowed, all the way to town
  • the phone is working after our nice repairman Jack hiked out to find the box the mice had taken up residence in and fixed it
  • the furnace has oil in it and our delivery guy only got stuck for about 45 minutes in our driveway

Our blessings abound. On a sad note, our dog has been missing since last Wednesday. She followed our neighbor on a hike and hasn't been seen since. We are all getting a little anxious. This morning at breakfast Ben said "I don't have to miss Belle anymore because I love her 100%." I think that's his way of sending good vibes out to the universe.

Some photos from our snows.

Our farm all blanketed in white.

Ben was seriously grooving on the snow shoes and the fact that he could pretty much walk straight up the side of a hill or drift.

Claire doing a little ice climbing during a beautiful sunset.

Me resting my coffee cup on the drift in our garden.


Mark posing on top of the pile of snow he had to dig out before he could get our snow plow into the shop.

Beauty.

2 comments:

Kristi O said...

I am praying your dog comes home.

Bethany E. said...

Hi Kristi...all the pictures are so cool!

I was wondering if you could send me your address? I'm having a grand opening party for my new business called At Home America and I wanted to send you an invite! I would love it if you came...it would be great to see you and I'll have some yummy food too! e-mail me at bethanyengstrom@msn.com!

p.s. we still need to come up with a time to get together and scrapbook before I move!