February 22, 2008

The Moment It Happened For Me

We watched the lunar eclipse night before last. Pretty cool. Me, being a good child of the 80's, thought it would be stellar to listen to some tracks from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon during the show. Mark and I went down in the basement to the room where we store our LP's, mason jars, and oil for our furnace. We dug out the album, took it upstairs and prepared to play it. As I slid the record out of its sleeve and prepared to place it on the turntable, Ben asked "What is that?" That's the moment it happened for me. The moment when I realized that I have crossed the line into "oldness"; my child does not know what an album is and pretty soon he's going to view me as really uncool for playing all that old stuff on that really old stereo. Just like I did with my folks. Full circle. All those times when my mom said "just wait until you have kids", they're sinking in now.

The students in grades 3-5 had to make something out of a potato this week. Here's Claire's Panda Potato, complete with the hamburger, fries, and salad that she made for him out of foam.

And for those of you who have posed the question to me about what I do as a stay-at-home-mom, here it is: feed them, bathe them, snuggle with them, and take pictures of them watching Clifford the Big Red Dog with a Lego bucket on their head.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Claire's panda is simply adorable! I love it!