March 3, 2008

Ski, Ski, Ski

Celebrated the birthday of my father-in-law last weekend. Had a really nice day with the family here and since this man loves fruit more than any person I've ever met, we made him a yummy peach cobbler with peaches from our tree that I put up last fall. A very nice treat in February.

Then we skied. And skied. And skied. Schools were half days for conferences, so we pulled the kids out and headed to the mountains.


The kids and I riding up the gondola at Silver Mountain (my new favorite place to ski).

A pic of my ski bunny. She is amazing on her skiis this year. Likes to ski ungroomed bumps. Don't think I'll be her partner much longer, as I like smooth and groomed!

Ben on the lift with Papa Ray. Ben has no fear and points his skiis directly downhill no matter how steep the terrain. Mark and I have to yell "Turn!" to him as he heads down.

No art. Worked a little on a mini book from Ali's blog last weekend. Doing some organizing around the house and attending lots of meetings for Girl Scouts. But I am going to see this woman on Saturday. Erin and I are heading to Spokane for a day of creating to celebrate our March birthdays.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Kristi! Hope it's a great one for you. Don't forget...no matter how old you get, you're still a lot younger than I am!

Mark said...

Happy, happy birthday! I can't wait to go to Spokane with you on Sat., it is going to be fun!!! :-)