March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday...

...to my Nana, my dad's mom. She turns 86 today. Isn't that amazing? She had a stroke a few years ago and sometimes mixes up her thoughts and words. I called her this morning to wish her a happy birthday and when I asked her if she remembered how old she was, she said "Well, yes, I'm 65." In her thinking, that might have been her perfect age because she'd just become a senior citizen and was rewarded the senior discount at the Picadilly. My Nana LOVES the Picadilly, which is a cafeteria-style buffet restaurant down south and a place where I spent a good many of my Sunday afternoons after church when I was growing up.

The start of our Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday. This is the picture where the kids are READY and can SEE the eggs laying around, but they're NOT ALLOWED TO GO YET because the mean and STUPID adults have to get some pictures first!

Ben insisted on following Claire around the yard, and when she would get to the eggs first and put them in her basket he would start crying. We tried to convince him that she was bigger and faster and that he should just make his own way, but he thought it was totally unfair that other kids should get eggs too!

Brian on his way back from his first scout around the periphery of the yard. I think he saved that little yellow egg for Evan, who didn't really get what was going on, but whose mom Erin kept leading him around the yard and making him put colored eggs in his basket.

My nephew Kevin, who would not be caught dead RUNNING for easter eggs, but who perfected his power walk on this day. He's at that age where everything is really corny, but his little kid self still wants that yummy candy and the possibliity of finding the egg that holds the 1o spot!

No comments: