March 14, 2008

Art-ful Friday

Made this cute hanging butterfly decor based on Ali's creative challenge last weekend. I used the new Providence paper line from Scenic Route to cover chipboard butterflies. I'm loving the colors of this paper. I was only able to score a few sheets in Spokane last weekend so I think I'll be placing an on-line order for the whole line very soon.

A layout using Making Memories Garden Party line. It's all about how Claire sets up make-believe worlds and how it so reminds me of doing the same thing as a kid. Love it when those connections are made.

A man appeared at my door in the rain yesterday hoping to sell me a carpet maintenance system designed to make my life as a housekeeper easier. He came with a little complimentary gift for me, a 4-in-1 emergency flashlight, complete except for the batteries. He gave me the flashlight and his little spiel and was crushed when I wouldn't let him inside to demonstrate his system on my carpet. When he turned to walk away he pointed to the box in my hand and said "you know, I only have a couple of those things to give away". So I gave it back to him. I hope a rock falls on his head when I find myself in an emergency situation without that flashlight!

Rainy/snowy weekend predicted here. Hoping to scrapbook and lay low with the family. Mark is talking about renting a log splitter for the weekend, but I hope he lets go of that idea. If he doesn't, come on over and party with us. You too can stand in the rain, get dust in your eyes and splinters in your hands, crook up your back a bit, and drink cheap beer. All for free!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Your butterfly garland is beautiful! I love the papers you used! Great job.
Erin.