March 11, 2008

Joining the "I Hate Microsoft" Campaign

It seems that ALL of my problems yesterday stemmed from glitches with my Internet Explorer program. Mark worked and worked on it and then ended up switching us over to Firefox last night. It's like butter this morning and I have a big happy smile on my face. Knock on wood.

Let's recap. This is Donna Downey and me. I loved spending the day with her on Saturday. She is funny and so creative and I love her philosophy about being perfect just the way I create. I also love her "trash to treasure" approach to art. It's all about using the stuff you already have laying around and altering it for a new purpose. Erin and I took two classes from her and then headed downtown for some shopping and dinner at Red Robin. Their Blue Ribbon Burger was the perfect end to my perfect day.


Here's a layout I created using the new Grafton line from Scenic Route. It may be the first layout I've created without a picture, but I didn't have one and I felt the story really needed to be told. We were sitting around one Saturday night with our friend Jon and somehow the topic of hot dogs came up. I can still remember the lyrics of the Armour Hot Dog song from childhood. We laughed so hard at the un-"p.c."ness of that ad campaign; it's funny that we didn't think twice about calling kids "fat" and "sissy" back then. Just a glimpse of the way things were.

No comments: