August 28, 2009

Just the Details


Everyone had a good first day back at school. A little hungry, a little tired, but bubbling with details about their respective days. And the cookies were a huge hit.


We've got a plague of grasshoppers on the farm. Now I appreciate the beauty of nature and I'll sometimes go out of my way to help a creature in distress, but these guys? They're just plain ugly. When I look at them I think of the movie "A Bug's Life", where the grasshopper leader is an evil guy named Hopper and he's a beer-drinking, motorcycle-riding asshole (not that I'm against beer-drinking or motorcycle-riding, just the asshole part). And they make me so mad, leaving their huge bug guts all over my car when I hit them on the highway and literally stripping my plants to nothing. I'm almost ashamed to say that we have great fun using them for target practice with our BB guns, but just almost.


Now who doesn't love a little light saber battle on a beautiful summer evening?


A layout of my sis and me at Mt. Rainier last summer.

Yesterday I signed up for this class with Cathy Zielske.
It's based on the book "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" by Amy Krause Rosenthal, which I read and enjoyed a few years ago. I think it will translate nicely into a scrapbook.


And I am hooked on this show. Thanks Dad.

Mark's mom and grandma are coming for a visit this afternoon. I love an opportunity to get some good pictures of the generations.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

AngMomof3 said...

Jealous you're taking the CZ class. She makes me laugh. And she teaches great classes. Gotta show me what you create, okay?