August 11, 2009

Your Call Cannot Be Completed As Dialed

First things first: if you're trying to reach us by telephone, give up, it's not working. We're waiting as the phone company "repairs a cable in our area". I'll be checking my email more frequently until it's fixed, so if you need us, type away.

This is my big week of six-month testing for my thyroid cancer. Yesterday and today I received a shot of thyrogen in the ass (ouch, I forgot how much ass shots hurt) and tomorrow I travel to Spokane to swallow some radioactive iodine. My dose is 4mc this time instead of the 100mc I ate in December. I still can't sleep with Mark or cuddle with the kids until Friday, when I again drive to Spokane and have a body scan. Do I even need to say that I hope it's clean?

Last week Mark and the kids attended the Jones Family Campout and left me at home all alone for six days. I did end up missing them while they were gone, but being home alone for that long was so very restorative. I hunkered down and did lots of cleaning and organizing, a bunch of little projects it seems haven't been done since I became a mother of two. And I listened to so much music. And I watched some movies. And I did a little scrapbooking.





I just sent a CD full of european pics to Shutterfly, so I hope there will be lots of new material being created soon.

And since Claire got her ears pierced recently, I bought her some earrings while I was out one day and then made this little frame for keeping them.



Otherwise, we're chugging along at the summer pace. Two weeks until school and then the four of us are traveling with Mark's sister and her family to the Gorge to see Nickelback in concert. First concert for the kids; earplugs?

No comments: