November 24, 2008

Mornin' Y'all

Here I am, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Well, not exactly, but I am showered and dressed and I ate a lovely breakfast of unsalted rice cake with unsalted peanut butter and strawberry jam. Believe me, it's one of my more tasty options! Friends are coming for a visit today and the stitches will be removed tomorrow afternoon. My neck is starting to turn a lovely shade of chartreuse and I'm thinking it will be turtlenecks for me after tomorrow. Talking with the endocrinologist to find out the schedule of my blood draws, and then we just wait.

Thanks everyone, for all your well-wishes and surprises and love. The surgery and recovery were a lot better that I expected, and although I'm pretty tired, I feel human and fairly happy. However, I have to say that was one of the WORST sore throats I've ever had.

Hope the world is treating you right.

3 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

So good to hear you are feeling better!

AngMomof3 said...

Hmmm... turtlenecks, huh? Be thankful that surgery was in November and not July!

Glad to hear you're "up and around". Will you get to enjoy any of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?

Mark said...

Her most excellent hubby will be providing most of the usual fixins sans dairy etc. and the home grown turkey will soon be a soakin' in a brine of uniodized salt and brown sugar before it realizes its final destiny in the smoker. She will be well cared for,, I promise.