November 26, 2008

Overlooked.... Still on Hold

Earlier this spring I bumped into a blog called Those Little Big Things, also known as Overlooked. The gal who created it was encouraging a "One Little Word" thing, but instead of words, she was challenging readers to document subjects in their everyday lives. The first subjects included coffee mugs, collections, the fridge, tv/dvd love, and street signs. I joined the Flickr group associated with the blog and even designed a binder to house all of the subject layouts.

Here's my layout for tv/dvd love.



I loved this project. Then in July she got busy with some other endeavors and although she said she was only taking a short break, she has yet to return. So I thought I could certainly continue on my own, but I realized that what I've been missing are the prompts. I like not having to come up with them on my own, it seems so much more random and real when someone else generates them. So I'm asking my readers to throw me some subjects, any subject about anything in our lives that might render itself interesting when looked back upon in the years to come.

You guys game?

3 comments:

Mark said...

I got one: your favorite light

Karen Tews Lien said...

Yes! I LOVED her blog and this concept for scrapbooking. Now that my boys are older, I just don't take as many family pictures - so I loved the idea of taking photos and making pages of the little, everyday things that we surround ourselves with or we do.

I am game! If we start sending you prompts, will you post the challenges??

BTW - Happy Thanksgiving!

CallieBallie said...

write about
the sunrise, a favorite article of clothing, what you see out your window every morning, or a dream you had c: