November 14, 2008

Successful and Proud

Our hunter guy spent yesterday afield and came home with this buck (well the head of it anyway!!). Its rack was 7 by 5, a really nice sized deer for this area. He shot it at 200 yards in a thicket at the bottom of a canyon, which meant he had to spend this morning hauling it out. But thanks to the use of a four-wheeler from our friend Bob, the work is all done. Well, except for the butchering part; the poor guy is in pieces in my fridge awaiting packaging (the deer, not Mark, tee hee).

I did a couple of nice layouts, but I'll save them for another day. I don't want to steal the big guy's thunder. Nice job babe, can't wait for sausage.

3 comments:

humanluge said...

WOW my friends who are hunters are saying.you are the topic of conversation here at work today.so tim you really know this guy can we go hunt with him.Nice freakin deer bud you didnt skin with a pick up truck did ya.nice job mark.

Mark said...

No way, I don't want to see that again!

Kristi Wildung said...

I don't want to see that again either!!!