November 17, 2008

Two More Stupid Days

If I had to choose a sense that I would be willing to live without, it would not be sound, because I am a hard-core music lover. And I am a firm believer in music therapy; there is a song for every human condition and I can always find one that reflects my mood. These past few weeks have brought with them a lot of anxiety and stress for me, and in response I have been listening to Counting Crows, one of my all-time favorite bands, in particular this song. I tried to embed it here, but alas I've never played on YouTube and my patience is wearing thin. If you're interested, go to the link and give it a listen, and by all means turn it up really loud. Just keep in mind that I'm not a Celine Dion kind of gal! This morning I sat right in front of the speakers and cranked it until I could feel the soundwaves on my skin. I always worry that I will damage the hearing of our parakeet, but when I looked over at her in the middle of the song, she was bobbing her head and singing. No kidding.

We spent the weekend processing deer, well Mark did anyway. I'd go into the kitchen every once in a while to give him a kiss. The kids both had sleepovers here, so we had four munchkins in the house from Saturday morning until late yesterday. One of Mark's buddies from high school was also here to hunt for the weekend, so our humble abode was a bustle of activity. Good for keeping my mind off of things.

I did a little art:



A compilation of photos of Ben using new Jenni Bowlin paper.



A layout of Claire depicting the night she made dinner for us. I even included her original menu.



A lift from Susan Weinroth I've had in my project file for at least a couple of years now. Still love it.

Happy Monday. And as our friend Sue would say, only 2 more stupid days.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Great art! You may not be the king of everything, or the king of nothing, but you will always be the queen of fratata! Kiss Kiss bella.

Malinda said...

Love the pages. I really like how that life one turned out. I may have to copy the copy. Are you having sugery in town or away somewhere? I hope it all goes well. I am thinking of you.

Karen Tews Lien said...

I really loved seeing your home on Sunday and visiting for a bit with you and Mark. My thoughts are with you and your family as you prepare for your surgery. Hope these two days go by fast and you put this part of your journey behind you.