January 3, 2008

Happy (Belated) New Year

Our New Year's party was fun, fun, fun. There was lots of snow on the ground, so we were able to sled and even broke out the snowmobile. We rang in the New Year with a bonfire and fireworks, and we ate and ate and ate. The kids practiced ice climbing and target shooting with their BB guns, and Mark even taught the older ones how to drive a stick shift. As Mark so eloquently put it yesterday "My fun meter was pegged out the whole time."
I am participating in the Get a L.O.A.D. of This challenge at Big Picture Scrapbooking. To play, I must complete and post one layout per day to the online gallery during the month of January. I started to panic on the first day, wondering if I would ever be able to do this, but so far so good. I told the family that I would post the layouts on my blog so they could cheer me on.
My Jan 01 layout: calendar page for my studio.

Layout for Jan 02: Ben lovin' on Belle.

Picking up the Christmas pieces around here and getting ready to head back to school and settle into winter. The bathroom is still not complete, and just to make things more complicated, we are moving my studio downstairs to be closer to the family action. Mark just keeps looking at me like I'm insane, but he's onboard as always. Cheers to 2008.

No comments: