January 11, 2008

LOAD Day 11

One Little Word: Steps
This layout brings me up to date on the OLW Challenge. I'm even posting it before the deadline! I love this picture of Ben and have been waiting a long time to use it. We were at Wilderness Gateway campground in the late spring of 2006 and the snow melt from the mountains had Boulder Creek raging. I didn't want Ben to go across the bridge without me, but he turned around and stomped off anyway, determination in his steps. It was really the first time he defied me and instead of chasing after him, I decided to let him go and snapped a picture instead. I guess it could be a good metaphor for his life ahead; I don't want him to go because I am scared for him, but he is curious and fearless and goes anyway. And everything turns out o.k.

2 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Good layout! You are a rock star. I have been across this bridge many times. We used to go backpacking up to stanley hot springs all the time, and would have to forge boulder creek.

Lynn said...

I love this picture too! Great layout!
Lynn
OLW