January 30, 2008

LOAD Day 30

Can't seem to stay away from these beautiful, warm summer pictures.
An update on the weather for our families. We are snowed in. The highway to town has been closed since 4pm yesterday. It is what they call a "low impact highway" so it probably won't get plowed before the next storm hits tonight. Our neighbors got stuck coming DOWN their driveway yesterday and we blew the transfer case in our plow rig trying to get them out. So our snow plow is dead on the road at the bottom of their driveway. Our phones are still not working and since they haven't fixed them yet, I am not anticipating it happening anytime soon. The wind is howling and it's really quite impressive outside in an arctic sort of way. We're hunkering down and enjoying each other's company. We've got plenty of food and firewood, but when you dig us out in the spring, could someone bring me a latte?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm really enjoying looking at your LOAD. You have such a beautiful family, and your layouts all speak of how much they are loved.

On another note, sorry to hear about being snowed in!

Jilly said...

Kristi!
I love your beautiful LOAD. Is that what it's called? This is my very first blog experience and I've been trying to set up an account so that I can comment.
Anyway, I hope it works! I just love being able to see you, Mark and the kids in the middle of winter when you're snowed in. Can't wait to see what happens next at the farm out there. I'll be checking the blog tomorrow. Sorry it took so long for me to check out your blog. I guess it took a snow storm. Some good things come out of being snowed in!
Love ya sista!
Jilly