October 5, 2007

Art-full Friday

Ben and I took a little walk-about around the farm yesterday afternoon looking at all the beautiful fall colors in our yard. We also played "Africa". Our dog was our pet lion and we were searching for a new house because our house on the plains had burned down!
Beautiful rainbow over our barn before sunset. I love it when it's raining, but the sun is shining. I've heard this called "the devil beating his wife", but I've never understood that. Maybe it's a smiling-in-the-face-of-adversity thing.

I finished Ben's baby album. Just a compilation of my favorite pictures when he was small. I did it in the style of an alphabet book, so each page follows the same format. It was fun coming up with the letters for each picture.

And last, my Year to Remember class is doing a card swap with Heidi Swapp's giant playing cards. They sent us 15 cards and we have to return 10 of them decorated with a quote about time. Then they will shuffle them and send 10 random cards back to me. I'll have a little mini-book filled with quotes; so awesome considering how much I love words.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I saw that same rainbow last night when I was returning from that class I told you about. I had a great time (so many new and fresh ideas) and can't wait to show you the mini-album. I promise I'll let you guys know when I sign up for the next class!

Kristi O said...

I love love love these cards. I wish I was taking that class. GREAT idea