October 8, 2007

Big Dead Stuff

Here's Mark with his weekend kill. He shot it Saturday night and then spent all day Sunday boning and hauling it out of the canyon. He made an amazing shot right through the heart, so it didn't suffer, which gives Claire and I some peace of mind. We eat the meat, but we don't like to see the meat killed or hear any horror stories of the animal that ran four miles before it collapsed. This guy collapsed right away. Good job Papa. And he carefully saved the hide for Claire's bed. We have one on our bed from many years ago and it gives amazing warmth during the cold winter months. He also cut the crap out of his index finger and really needed stitches, but he refused because he is determined to get through this year without paying his insurance deductible! Boys!!


On a more girly note, here is a layout I created this weekend and submitted to Simple Scrapbooks for the Simple Schemes column. My chances are slim I know, but you never know until you try. I have decided that being published is something I'm interested in, so I am going to make a push to see it happen. Look for me on the gallery boards!
On a more somber note, an eminent professor in the Institute of Biochemistry (where Mark works) died this weekend of a brain anuerism. Bud did the research which proved that plants communicate with each other by sending gases through the air. He will be missed and we will be attending his memorial service this weekend.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am really saddened to hear about Dr. Ryan. When I researched for Dr. Kolattukudy, our labs were next door to each other. What a terrible loss for his family, friends and science.