October 31, 2007

BOO

Happy Halloween! Would love to post some photos of all the fun we're having here, but alas my camera is not compatible with my dad's software, so you'll just have to be happy with my words.

Went to the Houston Zoo on Sunday. The weather was and is gorgeous here. The zoo was having trick or treating day, which was really fun for all the kids that were there, but not so great for me, who gets a little claustrophobic around lots of people. Ben got to see the tigers and Claire and I loved the Okapi, which looks like a cross between a giraffe and a zebra. Nature is amazing.

Got to visit Archiver's on Monday. It was like being a kid in a candy store! Walls of acrylic stamps and an inventory that pretty much covered all the products out there. Hung out for a long time while my mom took the kids to Target. Bliss.

Yesterday we headed down towards Galveston to visit By Design Scrapbook Boutique. This place was like a shrine to Heidi Swapp; pink walls and mirrors and bling everywhere, and in their pink classroom was the word SHE painted in giant white letters on the wall. They carry pretty much everything Heidi makes plus tons of other inventory and I found a few gems. Took lots of pictures for the gals back home.

Then we went on to a place called Kemah Boardwalk, which would remind me of Coney Island if I had ever been there. We had the amusement park all to ourselves and spent most of the day riding rides. Claire even rode the Bullet with me, the fastest wooden roller coaster in the country. She did have a little meltdown when we first got on, ripped off her seatbelt, stood up and screamed "I am not riding this thing!" But I got her calmed down and it turned out to be a good ride. Also met up with my brother Ray on the way home and got to hang out at his apartment for a while and meet his roommates. One of the guys was playing Guitar Hero on Xbox and Ben was fascinated watching him. He thought the guys were really cool and told them all about his new transformer Bumblebee!

Today we're hanging close to home and working on costumes and pumpkin carving. I might head down the road to check out another scrapbook store, but I also need to get some laundry done. I'm a light packer and need clean underwear. Hope your Halloween is spooktacular!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

An eerie thought for this Halloween day...your hubby is Mark and your brother is Ray AND my hubby is Ray and my brother is Mark! How's that for weird?!

Glad to hear you're having a great time. Looking forward to getting together when you're back.

TAMI said...

That is neat that you got to visit The Design Scrapbook Boutique. I had stumbled across their website when they were just starting the store, I think it was on Heidi Swapps blog?! I thought it was a gorgeous store-love that look- Glad to hear you are having fun!