November 26, 2007

Family Festivities

Had a wonderful, family filled Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's house. It was also a celebration for Mark's Grandma, who turned 85 last week. She didn't know that all of the family was going to be there, so we gave her a nice little surprise. Isn't she gorgeous?

Here's my guy with his famous smoked turkey. It was absolutely delicious yet again. I don't know how he does it; maybe has something to do with the Mike's Hard Limeade in his pocket!

All 26 of us gathered for a family photo. This was taken in the basement/rec room of my sister-in-law's house and I will try to recap a statement made by Mark that pretty much summed up our weekend. Imagine this: guitar hero played very loudly on the big-screen tv on one side of the room, boom box with music being played very loudly on the other side of the room, second tv with nintendo games going in the middle of the room, the constant hum of the air hockey table, people playing pool, people playing foosball, people playing ping-pong, people playing darts, little children running around, and always a child launching missles from the nerf missle launcher. No one can say we didn't have fun, but I admit I spent most of my time upstairs and out of harm's way.
Taking the brownies on a field trip to the Safeway Bakery today. And how 'bout those Cougs?

1 comment:

Mark said...

It is SO GOOD to have you home!