November 20, 2007

Ill-Prepared

Woke up this morning to an eerily quiet house; no power. From the lukewarm water that came out of the hot water dispenser, it appeared that the power had been out for quite some time. I wasn't the least bit concerned until I realized that I had not ground any coffee and my grinder was not going to work without electricity. For those of you who know me personally, making coffee is the first thing I do in the morning after peeing. Yikes! I cursed for a while and then found some old Taster's Choice from my mom's last visit, and I must say it tasted really delightful with the lukewarm water and a little hazelnut creamer. Claire kindly reminded me that the pioneers did not have electricity. I guess I'm ill-prepared for the life of a pioneer.

This is a picture of the missing tip of Mark's index finger, which he lost last night to a hungry jointer. In true Mark fashion, he kept his cool and finished talking to his aunt on the phone about the nitrogen-fixing properties of soil, running cold water on the wound until he could hang up and treat it. We might have been able to have the tip sewn back on if it had not been shredded!


A layout of Ben from last summer using the supplies in my CPS October kit. I was a little behind and didn't get it done in time for the meeting last Saturday.

A layout of Claire's dance recital last spring, completed with this month's CPS kit. And thank you Erin for the lovely glitter. My studio is all a-sparkle!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Your layouts are beautiful Kristi! Hope Mark's finger is better... Happy Thanksgiving!
Erin.