November 8, 2007

Hooray For Fall

We have two wonderful maple trees in our yard that produce an (over)abundance of leaves each fall. Mark and I thought it would be fun to create some sort of art that would follow the kids through the years as they played in the leaves, so we came up with this idea. Each year we'll take a picture of them laying in the leaves inside this old window frame holding the picture we shot from the year before. Next year the picture will be laying in the leaves holding the picture of holding the picture, and so on for as long as we can go. Fun project for us to do together.

Spent about three hours in my studio last night trying to put together a class project that just wasn't working out the way I envisioned. Went to bed totally frustrated, but this morning I am full of fresh ideas and excited for the project again. I love how a little "sleeping on it" can completely change your perspective. It was a good lesson for me to learn to trust the creative process and go with the flow.

4 comments:

Kristi O said...

I am glad you aren't frustrated anymore. i can't wait to see what you're working on

Mark said...

Saturday night is a go...my mom agreed to watch all three kids! See ya' Saturday... :-)

Becky said...

Great idea Kristi!!

The Hussy Housewife said...

I L-O-V-E this. Fall is my favorite time of year...love the leaves and jeans!! Thanks for your class last night:)