October 25, 2008

The Dealin' Is Done

The word SURGERY is etched in red on my calendar for November 19. Mark and I have been awarded a two-night stay at beautiful downtown Deaconess hospital, compliments of the party going on in my thyroid. My surgeon, Dr. Bunn, is a nice enough guy, but how much can you really know (or want to know) about a person who's gonna pull the old Sweeney Todd on your neck? I just hope he gets his Truman mojo going on and nukes those little bastards.

Long week here, but we're all dealing really well. We're working hard to think of the unexpected pleasantries of cancer, like when Mark asked me if I'd help split and stack firewood and I said "but honey, I have cancer". The truth is, today goes by just like yesterday, even with cancer, so I'm choosing to laugh way more than I cry. Mark got out in the sunshine today for a little steelhead fishin' and the kids and I did Claire's last soccer game this morning and spent the afternoon at the park with friends. I've got a fire going in the hot tub for a little soak under the stars tonight. I bet I could talk that guy of mine into a nice long backrub too....

2 comments:

Kristi O said...

got it marked down on the calendar! I am glad you are laughing more instead of crying. I here for you. I want to help, mom, jamie as well!

The Hussy Housewife said...

Will be thinking of you!!