October 5, 2008

Making Pies

One of my all-time favorite songs by Patti Griffin is "Making Pies." The song lyrics imply that sometimes life hands you stuff you don't want to deal with, but you have no choice, so instead of being angry or sad about it, you can just make pies. Art is like those pies to me. Instead of tuning in to the worry of my tomorrow, I disappeared into my studio for awhile this afternoon and this is what I churned out. Because these layouts are what I call the "necessary" layouts (events and holidays), they didn't require a ton of creative energy but still gave me some welcome creative peace.



Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy, here I come.

4 comments:

Kristi O said...

We're praying for you! Keep me posted friend!!

Malinda said...

I am thinking of you and hope that it goes well. I just read about what you are getting done and it does NOT sound like fun. I will also say my prayers for you. Good layouts also!

Shawna said...

Give me a call later! A had a great time this weekend, it was all he talked about yesterday.

Karen Tews Lien said...

Sure hope it went your way! Sending you lots of positive thoughts.