October 21, 2008

Tuesday's Not Quite So Black

I talked with my doctor this morning and she is very optimistic that we will be able to take care of this and make our departure date to Germany. I have a consultation with her next Tuesday; she will be handling my case and will not refer me on to an oncologist. She has referred me to a surgeon, who will be able to consult with me this Friday morning and perform the surgery within a month. After surgery we will begin hormone replacement therapy and radiation treatment. Mark and I spent a lot of time reviewing the pathology report last night and are feeling fairly comfortable with the diagnosis. I have some "rare" cells which are good markers for the type of cancer present and it falls in the spectrum of upper to high curability. I have to share with you how very thankful I am to have a partner who can decipher microphage, follicular epithelium, and "orphan annie" inclusion!! I have about a 50% chance that the cancer has metastasized, but we can't know until the surgery and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. In the meantime, I'm trying to stay in the moment. My mom is coming for the surgery and I can't tell you how comforting that is to me right now. Thanks for all your good thoughts, I'm feeling the energy.

4 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

I have been sending you some good mojo! Stay positive and stay strong. K

Kristi O said...

I am here for you babe! I love that your hubby knows his cells. I am glad your mom is coming. Let me know how I can help, I have wine will travel!

Jennifer said...

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and sending happy thoughts. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Interested in going to the Toucanan this coming Sunday for a little fishing and bike riding?

humanluge said...

you totally rock girl.and you have an amazing amount of people praying for you .your in my thoughts and prayers.