October 29, 2008

Mark posts while Kristi rests

Ahhh a new demotivator,, just in time! These always cheer me up.


This one kinda sums up our day yesterday. Kristi’s endocrinologist wants to run some more tests before the surgery. She thinks the pathology suggests that this may not be a “run of the mill” papillary carcinoma and wants the surgeon to be more aggressive if needed. Even if it is just a papillary carcinoma, the whole deal sounds more unpleasant than we thought as well. After the Sweeney Todd surgery they want her to spend a few weeks getting way hypothyroid (which doesn’t sound fun at all, but the body makes a bunch of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone in response and that is good) and be iodine restricted before radiation. The nuclear medicine will be administered in the hospital in Spokane where she will be sequestered away from us living things that matter for a couple days. You are welcome to send any big assholes you can find to visit her; I suspect she'll be feeling more than a tad testy and might enjoy nukin' 'em. Five days later we are back up in Spokane for a whole body scan, but at least she will be starting to get thyroid hormone back in her system by then.
But the potential alternatives are way worse,, so lets all chant in unison: "GO papillary carcinoma GO!"

6 comments:

Malinda said...

It is good to have a strong Doctor on your side. You will most likely be very sleepy if they want to make you hypothryroid. Do they do that so your body slows way down? Good luck with all of this. By the way you guys look really cute in your new photo.

humanluge said...

chanting right with you

The Hussy Housewife said...

OMGOSH!!! I am so offend by your poster, LOL! Yeah I say fuck it too.

Ok, I can be Kristy bedside nurse. A naughy nurse with fun goodies to keep her happy and cheerful.

Hell, if she wants, I put on my hussy nurse outfit!

Judy said...

Hi Kristi, I just wanted to write a note to let you know you are in my thoughts...all this stuff you are going through is NO fun, but you have a fantastic attitude, and Mark will keep you laughing, too!!!
I know that is important!!
And, I have to tell you---yesterday we were driving home from Spokane and this car passed us and I thought to myself as I looked in the car "I know that little boy!" Oh, it's Kristi's son, Ben...then I saw you and Mark, but by then you had already whizzed by!
Good luck with everything...it will be great to get this all behind you so you can go to Germany and have fun!!! Judy

Kristi O said...

i am so there for you. take your cell phone sister call me anytime you want. I will listen, laugh, whatever you need. i will send care packages full of fun and laugher. I love ya pal and I am here for you!!!!

CallieBallie said...

hahah thanks Kristi
I love the penguin picture c: